- Do not apply too much foundation on your wedding night, as it will not sit well on the skin’s surface when exposed to the heat caused by dancing and excitement.
- To ensure makeup longevity, be sure to have a friend readily available to give you tissue or face paper to blot away any excess of facial oil or sweat throughout the night.
- Choose the colors of your makeup that suits you and compliments your skin tone and eye color. Do not make these decisions based on the shade of your dress.
- In general, the simpler and smaller the wedding, the more natural the makeup should be. The same can be said for a day wedding where the bright daylight will reveal heavy makeup.
- If you and those around you are used to seeing you in the same makeup day in and day out, try something a little different. It doesn’t have to be drastic, but subtle changes can make a lot of difference.
- Do not overboard or get carried away with too many changes and experiments. At the end of the day, you still want to look like you!
- Stop using any medication or skin treatment before the wedding.
- Make sure your skin is well moisturized before the wedding.